Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spreading the Word

Now that I am out, I feel it is my obligation to spread the word about infertility- at least during National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW). I am feeling pretty good about coming out and have lined up daily posts to make sure I cover a few different topics, It went something like this:

Friday: Article "The Question That Gives You a 1 in 8 Chance of Being an Insensitive Jerk"

Saturday: Picture with feeling associated with IF and explain that Chris and I have been dealing with it for 3 years and that I am open to questions

Sunday:  Since it's Easter, I was posting Pinterest images explaining how some holidays are hard for those with IF

Monday:  2 Links What to say and what not to say and You're Infertility is Safe Here

Tuesday: The hurtful things that many people with IF have heard and how mean it is

Wednesday: Financial Struggle- how many people do not have insurance that covers infertility

Thursday: Cost of "Just Adopting" and why that isn't always a solution

Friday: Celebs and Infertility- trying to give recognition to those breaking the silence

Saturday: Infertility isn't just about getting pregnant- its about having a baby. Still thinking of this one but maybe letting people know that pregnancy loss is associated with IF and if someone is struggling with repeated pregnancy loss, it may be time to see an RE

   To me, it was a good list. More organized than most of the things I've been doing lately. I was feeling really good about it.

But then... After my post on Saturday I received a message which was mostly supportive but then had the line "maybe you could adopt" Now normally I fly off the handle (and since I'm still in bed, maybe my mood is a little sullen) and think "Wow, why didn't I think of that? In all my 33 years, why, I've never heard of adoption. Nope. Grew up in the 80's and never even seen "Annie" hmm..." I guess this is the 'price' for being open. Now I guess because I already knew I was posting about adoption, I figured it wouldn't get to me. I didn't realize that post is 5 days away... Ugh!

Keeping my FX that comments like that are rare- or I guess I'm just going to have to rearrange my order.

No comments :

Post a Comment